Monday, January 7, 2013

A Beautiful Affair: My Hometown and I

Yep, I know that you noticed the connection of my title to your oh-so-loved Kapamilya primetime teleseryes. My apologies, but that is how I exactly feel about my hometown, Gumaca. You see, it has been in my blood since I learned how to read and write. I've been having an affair with her for almost 25 years (I transferred here from Manila when I was around 2 years old). How can I not fall? It's beauty is striking, as soon as you enter her confines...




It molded me to what I am right now. Brought up in the traditional, Catholic culture that I really treasure and is proud of:





Though traces of history are slowly being forgotten and neglected, pockets of memories are still intact, and give a sense of identity and pride:



Despite modernity creeping in, traditional values and culture are deeply embedded, as strong as a fortress watching over it's people:



And it's faith in God, very evident in it's values, makes them resilient and happy whatever turmoil comes:




Now tell me, how can I not fall in love with her?

4 comments:

  1. Oist. Huling 2 linggo na lang ang "A Beautiful Affair." Hehe! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! onga di ata kumita BMack. Pero maraming huling 2/3 linggo sa mga teleserye nila. dami ipapasok. hehe! salamat sa pagbisita!

      Delete
  2. this is the reason why I am proud son of Gumaca...great shots JanMichael...

    ReplyDelete